Amanda’s Dance Center ~ Rules for Student Behavior
In Class Rules
- Bring a water bottle to class if you are at the studio longer than 1hour; however, no food, drink, gum, or candy is permitted in the studio area.
- Dancers should use restroom before class.
- Dancers will demonstrate self-control by not horsing around or goofing off.
- Keep your hands to your self.
- Stay focused.
- No hanging or sitting on the ballet barres.
- Jewelry and/or watches should not be worn in class.
- Hair must be pulled back off face and neck, preferably in a bun.
- Tap, Jazz, Modern, & Contemporary classes must be accompanied by a ballet class.
Out of Class Rules for Students/Parents and Siblings:
- We know dancers may need a healthy snack, so please make good choices and remember ONLY WATER before/after/during class to hydrate!
- Clean up your mess. Please do not leave your belongings in the reception/mall area.
- Be on time to class. Dancers are expected to be dressed and prepared for class BEFORE class begins.
- Students MUST wear cover-up over their dance clothes, to and from class.
- No running, horsing around, loud or rough play in the reception room or mall area. This area is meant for you to wait quietly for class to begin and to wait for a parent or guardian to pick you up.
- Do not touch other students’ belongings without permission.
- Please call the studio if you will be late to class or are not able to attend (so that we won’t worry!)
- Please dispose of ALL food trash in the receptacles OUTSIDE of the studio.
Calendar of Events & Vacations
Students should arrive on time and properly dressed for class. If your student arrives more than 10 minutes late, it will be at the discretion of the teacher whether or not the student participates in class or merely watches. Regular attendance is absolutely necessary if your dancer and his/her classmates are to receive maximum benefit from the class. No credits, refunds or make-up classes will be offered for missed classes. In the rare instance when a class is canceled by the instructor, a make up time will be made available. If a student is sick, we ask that the parent notify us that he or she will not attend that day.
WHAT DOES MY DANCER WEAR?
Ballet, tap, jazz, and acrobatic classes:
- Girls- Studio leotard (each class has it’s own color)
- Pink Tights
Boys- Black shorts/pants:
- White t-shirt or recital shirt
- Black socks
- Ballet – PINK Leather Ballet for girls; BLACK for boys
- Tap – BLACK Patent Leather (Pre-K thru 2nd grade)
- TAN Buckle “Mary Jane” (3rd gr & up enrolled in jazz)Jazz – TAN Slip-on jazz boot
- Acro – WHITE Slip-on gym shoe
- Girls & Boys- Leggings, sweatpants, or other loose fitting active wear.
- Studio leotard (girls only)
- T-shirt or tank over leotard (optional)
- TAN Slip-on jazz boot
Hair: Hair neatly tied up off the face and neck, preferably in a bun!Also: NO jewelry, with the exception of earring studs.
Classes will begin August 25, 2014 and will run through the school year concluding with a dance recital tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 20th, 2015. Participation in the recital is not mandatory, but it is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for your child. Information about recital tickets, the rehearsal, costumes, tights, etc. will be provided in upcoming newsletters & on the website. No videotaping is permitted at the recital. Click Here to read more about our 19th Annual Recital.
Tuition is payable by cash or check at the studio or credit card online via the website.*NO Credit Card payments can be taken at the studio.
- Regardless of the day of the week your child dances; Tuition is due on the 7th of each month. Tuition has already been adjusted for our holiday breaks. **June tuition may be requested in May due to the Costume Distribution Policy.
- Tuition has already been adjusted for our holiday breaks. **June tuition may be requested in May due to the Costume Distribution Policy.
- Students’ tuition is based on the school calendar year and divided into 10 monthly payments. Payments reflect the year’s tuition and are NOT based on the number of weeks/classes per month. Students finishing the year will be expected to pay the yearly tuition, regardless of missed classes. (For example, if your child misses all of the classes in January, and returns to dance class in February, you will be expected to pay the January tuition.)
- A $25 service fee will be charged for returned checks.
- No refunds will be issued for any reason, after the second class of the month.
All those who participate in the June Recital are required to have a costume. The youngest dancers will also receive a pair of performance tights with their costume. Combination classes will use one costume for their ballet & tap routine in the recital. Jazz classes require a second costume. The manufacturer does not accept returns; therefore, the costume fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.***SAVE $10.00!! A $10.00 credit per dancer will be applied to all costumes that are paid in full byNovember 1st, 2013.***Payment Plan!! We will have a payment plan available for those that would like to take advantage of paying costume fees over a 3-month period rather than one lump sum. The first installment will be due by October 7th; the second by November 7th; and the third by December 7th. (The $10.00 discount will not apply to this plan, unless those balances paid in full by November 1st.)Costume fees are as follows:
- $75.00 Includes ONE Costume and a pair of performance tights. Dancers in Ballet, Tap, & Tumbling Combination Classes. (Approx. ages 3-8)
- $135.00 Includes TWO Costumes, no tights. Dancers in Ballet, Tap, & Jazz and/or Acro Combination Classes. (Approx. ages 8-12)
- $210.00 Includes THREE Costumes, no tights. All dancers NOT in a combination class. (Approx. ages 10-18)
- $270.00 Includes FOUR Costumes, no tights.
- All tuition- including JUNE- must be paid by the 7th of MAY, before costumes are distributed.
- An additional fee for shipping or rush delivery may be applied to any costumes ordered late.Costumes are handed out approximately three weeks prior to the recital.
- All costume accessories and head-pieces will remain at the studio until the recital.
Parents:We know the wide-open area is very attractive for dancers wanting to practice cartwheels, so remind them they are not at the park! Also, ensure that your child or children are not distracting or disruptive to others. It is easy for us to get talking with another parent and forget. Thank you in advance for remembering that the reception area/mall hallway is for the comfort and convenience of all!
Parents are welcome to observe class during our two observation weeks in October and March. All other classes are closed to observers. This policy is for the benefit of your child. A class free of distraction provides the best atmosphere for learning. No extra children may observe during watch week. Let your dancer have your full attention. Check the website and newsletters for specific observation dates and times.